Q&A: Public notice claim form


From the Daily Reporter (Greenfield):

Q: Are newspapers required to notarize the publisher’s claim form for legal notices?

A: The Publisher’s Claim Form 99P is for billing state and local government agencies for public notice advertising. The state Board of Accounts no longer requires the notarization on this form.

You still will be asked for a publisher’s affidavit or notarization from attorneys for “private legals,” such as notices of estate administration, because those attorneys have to file proof of publication with the court.

So you will need a second billing form that includes notarization for those customers who require it. You can download examples of the form on the HSPA website by clicking here.