Note new location on Indy’s northside
HSPA Foundation hopes for good weather during this year’s Newsroom Seminar.
Snow kept some registrants at home during the 2010 event.
The day of educational sessions and award presentations will be Saturday, Dec. 3 at the Indianapolis Marriott North.
Newsroom Seminar stats
When: 8:30 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 3; awards luncheon starts at 12:30 p.m.
Where: Indianapolis Marriott North, 3645 River Crossing Parkway (new location)
Attendees should note the new location for the event.
Sessions begin at 8:30 a.m., and the day concludes with lunch and awards starting at 12:30 p.m.
Speakers at the Newsroom Seminar will include:
- Tom French, a Pulitzer Prize-winning reporter.
- John Krull, director of the Franklin College Pulliam School of Journalism and the Franklin College Statehouse Bureau.
- Lesley Stedman Weidenbener, Franklin College Statehouse Bureau assistant bureau chief.
- John Strauss, journalism instructor at Ball State University.
- Kristy Deer of the Daily Reporter (Greenfield) and John Russell of The Indianapolis Star, winners of 2011 Ray Moscowitz Awards for journalistic achievement in lifting veils of secrecy.
- Steve Key, executive director and general council of HSPA.
- Joe Hoage, Indiana’s public access counselor.
- Matt Kryger, photojournalist at The Indianapolis Star.
- Charlie Riedel, Associated Press photographer.
- Jim Brown, executive associate dean emeritus and professor emeritus, IU School of Journalism – Indianapolis.
- Danese Kenon, Indianapolis Star multimedia journalist.