A committee to select the next class of students in the HSPA Foundation’s Eugene S. Pulliam internship program met March 7 to review applications from students from 15 different colleges and universities.
The committee will match 10 journalism students with 10 Indiana newspapers who applied to host an intern in 2013. HSPA Foundation will announce the winners and the newspapers where they will work in the coming weeks.
The selection committee included:
• Jim Brown, executive associate dean emeritus, IU School of Journalism at Indianapolis, who evaluated portfolios off site
• Tim Ethridge, editor, Evansville Courier & Press
• Mike Fender, director of photography, The Indianapolis Star, who evaluated off site
• Bob Hansen, editor, Connersville News-Examiner
• Courtney Linehan, sports editor, The Times (Munster)
• Tina McGrady, editor, Journal Review (Crawfordsville)
• Lisa Nellessen-Lara, executive editor, The Star Press (Muncie)
• Nelson Price, Pulliam internship program writing coach
• Cory Schouten, managing editor, Indianapolis Business Journal
• Christina Seiler, managing editor, The Rochester Sentinel
• Scarlett Syse, group editor, Home News Enterprises
• Bob Zaltsberg, editor, The Herald-Times (Bloomington).