Q&A: Bingo ads


From the Spencer Evening World:

Q: Are veterans’ organizations and others, such as senior citizens and community centers, required to include their license numbers when publishing ads concerning bingo?

A: Yes. 45 IAC 18-3-2(g) says a qualified organization may advertise an allowable event such as bingo.

The advertisement in printed media, such as a newspaper, must contain in bold print the name and license number of the organization conducting the event.

Contact Steve Key, HSPA executive director and general counsel, with media law questions at skey@hspa.com or (317) 624-4427.