Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally-focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer Prize-winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Gannett open roles are featured on various external job boards. When applying to a position at Gannett, you should be completing an application on Gannett Careers via Dayforce Job postings directing you to complete an application on other external sites may not be valid.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com
The South Bend Tribune seeks a visual journalist to create compelling multimedia journalism for southbendtribune.com, NDinsider.com and our print newspaper. The visual journalist produces photographs for online and print, photo galleries/slideshows, videos and writes some articles for publication, working as part of the nationwide USA TODAY Network and Midwest Center for Community Journalism. The successful candidate, in conjunction with reporters, will capture outstanding images and video to document local news, humanistic profiles, investigations and both University of Notre Dame and high school sports.
Typical job duties:
- Creates visual storytelling that accurately informs, entertains and engages specific audiences and platforms, determined through the use of digital metrics.
- Connects with the community through visual storytelling and outreach, in person and online.
- Collaborates with reporters to provide the best possible visual elements for key stories.
- Coaches and mentors non-visual reporters in photography and multimedia skills.
- Works with editor to evaluate what's working and what's not to develop ongoing plans to better satisfy audience needs.
- Bachelors in Communications, Journalism or equivalent in experience and education.
- Experience with professional photography on multiple platforms.
- Experience building a personal brand on key social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter).
- One to three years professional experience preferred.
Employment is contingent on passing a pre-employment, post-offer background check and drug screen.
We are eager to learn more about you and how you fit this role. When you apply, don’t limit your upload to a resume; show us what you’ve done. To do so, put together a single document file that includes the following, in this order:
- Your resume – one to two pages.
- A cover letter that outlines how you would approach the job.
- Links to 3-6 online samples of your work. Show us what you’ve produced or had a hand in that best reflects what you can do in your desired role.
It is important that these items be assembled into a single document and uploaded in PDF format. Completing these steps will ensure that your application receives the highest consideration.