The advertising sales representative is responsible for driving in the territories of The Shelbyville News and The Connersville News.
The advertising sales representative is responsible for the sales of print, social media and online advertising products and services to local and area businesses to meet the financial goals of the newspaper. Growing profitable long-term advertising relationships with current active advertisers, developing new advertising relationships with currently inactive customers, and actively prospecting for new customers are keys to success.
The Shelbyville News and Connersville News Examiner are Paxton Media Group publications. They are distributed by mail in the local market and surrounding area. In addition to the daily print edition, the newspaper also maintains an interactive web page. The newspaper offers a competitive salary plus commission and a benefits package including optional medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) and paid time off.
- Demonstrated high ethical standards.
- Experience in newspaper or media sales preferred.
- Understanding of marketing and promotion aspects of print and digital media platforms preferred.
- Demonstrated record of success in a goal-oriented, high performance accountability work environment.
- Strong skill and ability to use computer applications for word processing, spreadsheets, budgeting, business scheduling and electronic communications purposes.
- Demonstrated self-starter with the ability to effectively management time and multiple accounts to meet established deadlines and project goals with minimal supervision.
- Must have reliable transportation, motor vehicle insurance and a valid Indiana driver’s license.
- Achieve the advertising revenue goals of the newspaper on a consistent basis.
- Implement profitable print, social media and online advertising product and service tactics and strategies to meet existing customer needs in the local and area market.
- Grow profitable long-term advertising relationships with current active advertisers.
- Develop new advertising relationships with currently inactive customers.
- Actively prospecting for new advertising customers.
- Identify and capture profitable advertising opportunities that exist in the local and area market.
- Work to keep advertiser aging balances current and assist in the collections of past due accounts.
Interested persons send resumes to Amy Harness, Regional Advertising Director, Paxton Media Group, email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $28,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Mileage reimbursement
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Commission pay
- Driver's License (Required)
Willingness to travel:
- 25% (Required)
Work Location: On the road