The Tribune-Star has an opening for a full-time, general assignment reporter to cover the community and produce content for our print and digital publications.
• At least one year of experience as a reporter in a news organization
•Experience covering public affairs and public safety
• Ability to produce news and feature stories on deadline
• An understanding of the importance and process of digital publishing, social media and community engagement
• A degree in journalism or related field
• Proficient in photography and use of social media
• Evening and weekend work schedule
The successful candidate will demonstrate the experience, skills, news judgment and ability to report and write daily and enterprise news and feature stories on a tight deadline.
Send cover letter and recent work samples to:
Max Jones, Editor, Tribune-Star, P.O. Box 149, Terre Haute, IN, 47808, or via email at email@example.com.
The Tribune-Star is an award-winning newspaper, circulation app. 10,000, located in Terre Haute, IN. It serves an eight-county area of west-central Indiana and east-central Illinois.