Early-bird registration for the Newsroom Seminar and Better Newspaper Awards Luncheon runs through Friday, Nov. 11.
The day of educational sessions and award presentations will be Saturday, Dec. 3 at the Indianapolis Marriott North, a new location for the annual event.
When: 8:30 a.m. Dec. 3; awards lunch starts at 12:30 p.m.
Where: Indianapolis Marriott North
Registration: Brochures have been mailed to your newsroom. Click here to register online or download a form.
Sessions begin at 8:30 a.m. The day concludes with lunch and awards starting at 12:30 p.m.
Registration information has been mailed to newsrooms. Staff members also can sign up online at hspafoundation.org/events.
“We encourage HSPA members to take advantage of the early-bird registration deadline to save money,” said Karen T. Braeckel, HSPA Foundation director. “Payment may follow as long as the Foundation has your registration information by Nov. 11.”
Speakers at the Newsroom Seminar will include:
- Tom French, a Pulitzer Prize-winning reporter.
- John Krull, director of the Franklin College Pulliam School of Journalism and the Franklin College Statehouse Bureau.
- Lesley Stedman Weidenbener, Franklin College Statehouse Bureau assistant bureau chief.
- John Strauss, journalism instructor at Ball State University.
- Kristy Deer of the Daily Reporter (Greenfield) and John Russell of The Indianapolis Star, winners of the 2011 Ray Moscowitz Award for journalistic achievement in lifting veils of secrecy.
- Stephen Key, executive director and general council of HSPA.
- Joe Hoage, Indiana’s public access counselor.
- Matt Kryger, photojournalist at The Indianapolis Star.
- Charlie Riedel, Associated Press photographer.
- Jim Brown, executive associate dean emeritus and professor emeritus, IU School of Journalism – Indianapolis.
- Danese Kenon, Indianapolis Star multimedia journalist.