IC 5-14-1.5-5 requires a governing body to give 48 hours notice of any meeting or executive session or rescheduled meetings.
That notice is given in two ways:
- A copy of the notice must be posted at the office of the public agency holding the meeting, or if no office exists the notice must be posted at the building where the meeting is to be held.
- Notice must be either mailed or delivered to all news media that in writing requested notice of all meetings by the public agency prior to the beginning of the year.
IC 5-14-1.5-4 requires a governing body to keep the following information in a memoranda during any meeting:
- The date, time and place of the meeting.
- The members of the governing body recorded as either present or absent.
- The general substance of all matters, proposed, discussed or decided.
- A record of all votes, including by individual members if there is a roll call vote.