Q&A: School performance report online


From the North Vernon Plain Dealer:

Question: The annual school performance report is a large public notice advertisement and isn’t in the same form as most public notices that we publish and post on our website. Are we required to post the school performance report on our newspaper website?

Answer: Yes. All public notices placed by local or state government units that are subject to the state-mandated rate cap for public notice advertisements (under IC 5-3-1) should be placed on your newspaper’s website if you have one.

Contact Steve Key, HSPA executive director and general counsel, with media law questions at skey@hspa.com or (317) 624-4427.