Q&A: City ordinances run once


From the North Vernon Plain Dealer and North Vernon Sun:

Q: I need to publish a city ordinance prohibiting the overgrowth of grass and weeds, providing for the removal, collection and expenses if the property owner doesn’t comply. How many times should this run? We have Tuesday and Thursday newspapers.

A: Under Indiana law, the city should publish the ordinance once in both the Sun and Plain Dealer within 30 days after council passage.

Contact Steve Key, HSPA executive director and general counsel, with media law questions at skey@hspa.com or (317) 624-4427.