Your tablet-friendly Indiana Publisher is here.
Highlights in this issue:
• HSPA encourages publishers to speak up in support of a reporter shield law. This edition of The Publisher includes information on where to call and Web links with potential talking points to use.
• A state legislative summer committee will look at the value of public notice advertising. HSPA will testify.
• HSPA efforts to preserve the publication of public notices needs the support and action of member newspapers.
• Send your staff to the Road Show for Reporters June 20 in Indianapolis for training on watchdog reporting skills – database reporting, source development, public access information, and more. Click here to register for only $40.
• Take note: The HSPA Foundation Advertising Contest deadline is 5 p.m. Friday, June 7, 2013. Visit www.HSPAfoundation.org for more information.